Just like every year the time between Christmas and New Years is best spent at the Chaos Communication Congress happening at the CCH in Hamburg.
Following is a list of all the talks I went to see. Unfortunately there are always some talks happening in parallel but you'll still be able to watch the stream to catch up. At the end you'll find a list of talks I liked and would recommend even if it's not a topic you are very knowledgable about.
- 31C3 Opening Event
- 31C3 Keynote
- 3D Casting Aluminum
- Reproducible Builds
- Practical EMV PIN interception and fraud detection
- SS7: Locate. Track. Manipulate.
- Mobile self-defense
- (In)Security of Mobile Banking
- Crypto Tales from the Trenches
- Why is GPG "damn near unusable"?
- Beyond PNR: Exploring airline systems
- Cyber Necromancy
- Finding the Weak Crypto Needle in a Byte Haystack
- Forging the USB armory
- Fernvale: An Open Hardware and Software Platform, Based on the (nominally) Closed-Source MT6260 SoC
- The Matter of Heartbleed
- Heartache and Heartbleed: The insider’s perspective on the aftermath of Heartbleed
- Fnord News Show
- Funky File Formats
- CAESAR and NORX
- DP5: PIR for Privacy-preserving Presence
- Thunderstrike: EFI bootkits for Apple MacBooks
- The Magical Secrecy Tour
- The Perl Jam: Exploiting a 20 Year-old Vulnerability
- UNHash - Methods for better password cracking
- Googlequiz – 2015er Edition
- The rise and fall of Internet voting in Norway
- Why are computers so @#!*, and what can we do about it?
- State of the Onion
- Tor: Hidden Services and Deanonymisation
- 31C3 Closing Event
If you don't have time to watch all of them I'd recommend to watch: