31C3Published on January 1, 2015
Just like every year the time between Christmas and New Years is best spent at the Chaos Communication Congress happening at the CCH in Hamburg.
Following is a list of all the talks I went to see. Unfortunately there are always some talks happening in parallel but you’ll still be able to watch the stream to catch up. At the end you’ll find a list of talks I liked and would recommend even if it’s not a topic you are very knowledgable about.
- 31C3 Opening Event
- 31C3 Keynote
- 3D Casting Aluminum
- Reproducible Builds
- Practical EMV PIN interception and fraud detection
- SS7: Locate. Track. Manipulate.
- Mobile self-defense
- (In)Security of Mobile Banking
- Crypto Tales from the Trenches
- Why is GPG “damn near unusable”?
- Beyond PNR: Exploring airline systems
- Cyber Necromancy
- Finding the Weak Crypto Needle in a Byte Haystack
- Forging the USB armory
- Fernvale: An Open Hardware and Software Platform, Based on the (nominally) Closed-Source MT6260 SoC
- The Matter of Heartbleed
- Heartache and Heartbleed: The insider’s perspective on the aftermath of Heartbleed
- Fnord News Show
- Funky File Formats
- CAESAR and NORX
- DP5: PIR for Privacy-preserving Presence
- Thunderstrike: EFI bootkits for Apple MacBooks
- The Magical Secrecy Tour
- The Perl Jam: Exploiting a 20 Year-old Vulnerability
- UNHash - Methods for better password cracking
- Googlequiz – 2015er Edition
- The rise and fall of Internet voting in Norway
- Why are computers so @#!*, and what can we do about it?
- State of the Onion
- Tor: Hidden Services and Deanonymisation
- 31C3 Closing Event
If you don’t have time to watch all of them I’d recommend to watch: